Safe food handling has been a big issue in the news. But have you thought about how you handle your contact lenses? It’s easy. Five simple steps will keep you smiling, and seeing clearly:
- Wash, rinse and dry your hands before handling your contacts.
- Handle your right lens first, your left lens last.
- Put in your contact lenses before applying cosmetics and after applying hair products. Remove your lenses before taking off your makeup.
- Lenses are made for different wear patterns. To protect your eyes, follow the wearing schedule recommended by us, your vision care professionals.
- The health of your eyes should be entrusted to your Optometrist. Talk to us about the latest advances and stay safe.
Central Vision and Hearing is a member of Eye Recommend, Canada's Vision Care Professionals, helping doctors help their patients since 1997. We are proud to be able to help Canadians attain optimal eye health.